The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by the Australian Shakespeare Company and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will the Australian Shakespeare Company, its Directors, employees or representatives be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of the Australian Shakespeare Company. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the Australian Shakespeare Company, its Directors, employees or representatives take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of the Australian Shakespeare Company - © Australian Shakespeare Company 2011. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual, non-commercial third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
For commercial enquiries about content on this website please call 03 8676 7511.
Your privacy is important to us. This Policy explains our general approach to online information collection, storage and use in connection with this site, as well as the specific choices you can make about your own information. Please read this Policy carefully. By using the site you will be deemed to have agreed to this Policy, so if you do not agree please do not use the site.
We may post changes to this Policy from time to time so do review it regularly. If you have any questions about this Policy or the information which we hold please contact us:
or write to us at Australian Shakespeare Company, Level 3, 188 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
1. Information collection
• We do not collect personally identifiable information about you (e.g. your name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc.) unless you choose to contact us directly or as part of the process to purchase tickets to our events or other goods and services via this website.
• We do automatically collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our site - such as the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service.
2. How we normally use information we collect
• We use non-personally identifiable information to review site usage (e.g. information on which pages are more popular than others), which allows us to improve the design and content of our site. We may also share this information with our current or potential commercial partners (e.g. sponsors).
• We use the personally identifiable information you provide to us when you contact us directly to respond to your specific inquiry or to administer the relevant site activity to which it relates (e.g. to supply information you have requested or tickets or other goods or services you have purchased).
• We do not rent or sell your personally identifiable information to anyone else.
• We do not share your personally identifiable information with anyone else, except when necessary to conduct our events (e.g. to generate attendee lists for box office use).
• We do not use your personally identifiable information to contact you or for any other purpose unless you have specifically consented to that.
• Please be aware that it is possible, though unlikely, that we might be forced to disclose personally identifiable information in response to legal process or when we believe in good faith that the law requires it (e.g., in response to a court order, subpoena or a law enforcement agency's request).
3. Collection of information by third-parties
• Our site contains links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult the other sites' privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
• Also, we cannot guarantee the privacy of personal information you transmit over the web or that may be collectable in transit by others.
• A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on a user's computer hard disk so that the website can remember who the user is. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the "lifetime" of the cookie, and a value, usually a randomly generated unique number.
• When you visit our site we send you a cookie. Cookies may be used to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our site and to help us improve the structure of our site. We cannot identify you personally in this way. Session cookies are used on this site, and are temporary cookies that expire after 2 hours.
• You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser.
5. Our Commitment to Security
• We employ appropriate technical and organisational security measures to prevent unauthorized access to information that we collect online.
6. Your rights
• You have the option at any time to request that we:
- provide a copy of the personal information we hold relating to you and we may make a charge for this;
- update or remove any such personal information; and
- stop contacting you where we do this in accordance with your previous consent.