“A PICNIC WITH COLE PORTER”
Tickets for Thursday 7 March will be available from the on-site box office (cash only) from 6.00pm.
7 Performances only at Rippon Lea!!
New performance at Historic Bolobek Gardens,
Mount Macedon 16 March 2013 at 6pm.
Entry to the gardens from 4pm
An enchanting evening of elegance as you picnic on the lawn at Rippon Lea House and Gardens and enjoy a musical journey through the amazing Cole Porter songbook.
Covering a broad range of his repertoire including all the favourite and a few surprises this evening will be charming and sophisticated with the relaxed atmosphere of a witty musical soiree.
Featuring four talented and accomplished singers including,
Wendy Stapleton, Sally Bourne, Andrew Dunne, Alex Rathgeber together with Musical Director and performer Mark Jones.
The evenings song list will include -
Let's Do It - Let's Fall In Love, Anything Goes, Ace In The Hole, Just One Of Those Things, Night And Day, I've Got You Under My Skin, My Heart Belongs To Daddy, You'd Be So Nice To Come Home To, I't's De-Lovely, I Get A Kick Out Of You, Don't Fence Me In, Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Friendship, Find Me a Primitive Man, Well Did You Evah?, Too Darn Hot, I Hate Men, Brush Up Your Shakespeare. Plus more.
Also in conjunction with Open Gardens Australia at Bolobek House & Gardens, Saturday 16 March at 6.00pm.
Explore the historic Bolobek Gardens from 4.00pm and enjoy your picnic prior to the show
Dates: Wednesday February 27 and Thursday 28 February 2013 and then Sunday 3 March - Thursday 7 March 2013
Venue: Rippon Lea House and Gardens, 192 Hotham Street Elsternwick
Time: 7.00pm - gates open at 6.00pm
Adults $45 Concession $40
Groups 10+ $40 - Groups call 03 8676 7511 to book not available online.
Children 5 -15yrs $25,
Dates: Saturday 16 March 2013
Venue: Bolobek House & Garden , 370 Mt Macedon Road , Mount Macedon, ample parking on site.
Time: The performance starts at 6.00pm - the Garden Gates and on site cah only box office are open from 4.00pm - gates open at 6.00pm
Adults $55 - single price only includes entry to Bolobek Gardens from 4pm
A Booking fee $6.60 per order applies.
ATTENDING 'A PICNIC WITH COLE PORTER FAQ
Download the FAQ
1. How long does the performance go for?
2. From what time can we arrive?
3. Do I have to book or can I buy a ticket when I get there?
4. It's held outside isn't it? Are there chairs?
5. What else should we bring?
6. Is food and drink available to purchase?
7. How do we get to Rippon Lea? Is there parking?
8. How do we get to Bolobek House and Garden. Is there parking?
9. Is the performance site accessible for those with mobility issues?
10. We can't go on the night we booked for, can I change my tickets to another date?
11. What happens if it rains?
1. How long does the performance go for? The performance lasts for approximately two and a half hours including an interval.
2. From what time can we arrive? The site is open to ticket holders from one hour prior to the start time.
3. Do I have to book or can I buy a ticket when I get there? Booking is advised, however you can buy tickets on arrival at the on-site box office from 6.00pm, unless sold out (cash only, no credit card facilities).
4. It's held outside isn't it? Are there chairs? The performance is held outdoors in the beautiful gardens in front of Rippon Lea mansion and Barwon Park mansion. It is a picnic style event so bring a blanket or cushions to sit on, or you are welcome to bring your own chairs. Low or standard height chairs are available to hire for $5 cash on arrival.
5. What else should we bring? A picnic full of all the goodies you like to eat and drink. Warm clothes as sometimes it can get cool in the evening. And remember, please use rubbish bins provided or take your rubbish with you after the show.
6. Is food and drink available to purchase? Yes, our cash only on-site bar offers hot chocolate, tea and coffee, soft drinks, water, beer, wine, spirits, snacks, chocolate, lollies, chips, etc.
7. How do we get to Rippon Lea? Is there parking?
Rippon Lea House and Gardens, 192 Hotham Street, Elsternwick
Train: the property can be easily accessed by train with a 5 minute walk from Rippon Lea Station.
Tram: catch Tram Route 67, Stop 42 Tram Tracker ID 2042, (to Carnegie) - Tracker Stop ID 1042, (to Melbourne University) tram. TRACKER: For real-time tram information visit: yarratrams.com.au
Bus: the 216 or 219 bus departs from Queen Street in the City on the south east corner of Queen and Collins Streets. Depending on traffic the journey takes 30 - 45 minutes. There is a stop directly outside Rippon Lea House and Gardens. Ask the driver to set you down at the first stop after Glen Eira Road.
Car: parking in surrounding streets is minimal, however there is limited car parking on site at Rippon Lea - enter through the main gate on Hotham Street. Melways ref 67 F2.
8. How do I get to Bolobek House and Garden? Is there parking?
Bolobek House & Garden, 370 Mt Macedon Road, Mount Macedon is approximately 64 kilometres north west of Melbourne. From Melbourne take the Calder Freeway/M79 towards Bendigo. Take the C322 Exit towards Mount Macedon/Macedon. Turn Right into Mount Macedon Road and drive approx 3.5 km towards Mt Macedon and watch for the Bolobel signs on the right.
8. Is the performance site accessible for those with mobility issues? All performance sites are accessible by paved footpaths, however there are some grassy areas. Production staff are available to assist if required.
9. We can't go on the night we booked for, can I change my tickets to another date? Yes, your tickets may be transferred to another session. Please call 1300 122 344 during business hours Monday to Friday or email your booking details to
including your order number, booking name, number of tickets, mobile number, session booked for and preferred new session.
10. What happens if it rains? Call 1300 122 344 for a weather update. Usually performances do proceed if there is only very light misty drizzle. INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY: If the Australian Shakespeare Company cancels the performance due to inclement weather your tickets will be valid for another performance during the same production season (call 1300 122 344 to re-book). If it is not possible for you to attend another performance during the same production season we provide a credit note for the value of your tickets (not including any handling fees), valid for at least 12 months from your original performance date. A credit note will only be offered if the performance is cancelled. When a performance is cancelled in advance of the start time due to inclement weather we inform ticket holders by SMS or telephone.
Thank you to support received from